Monday, June 23, 2008

Permanent or Semi Permanent Extensions

With regard to permanent hair extensions, which in truth can only ever be semi permanent hair extensions (the type supposed to last up to 4 months), a great deal of my research was not favorable. Messages were full of dire warnings about hair coming out in lumps because of poor extension application, glue clumping or worse than poor application - disastrous hair extension removal.
Extensions provides professionally applied 100% human hair extensions, all of which have been tried, tested and proven to be safe. Only the highest quality products are used, and all of the hair comes from some of the world.

I came to one simple conclusion - my choice would be to avoid the permanent hair extensions that last about 4 to 16 weeks. I quickly learnt that people who wash their hair daily as I do, soon find long term hair extensions shed slowly with each hair shampoo wash. My hairdresser even told me that all that was often required to remove them was lots of thick hair conditioner to soften the glue bonds and whoosh they'd soon loosen out even without special bond removers. It seemed even hair washing itself could also be problematic with showering seeming the best method of washing the hair extensions to prevent too much tangling.

Whichever method permanent extensions are attached, it is best if they are shampooed just twice a week. I also discovered that with various bonded extensions, wearers were also expected to go back to the hairdresser to have loose extensions reattached as a matter of course at a 'check up' appointment.

Stylish, sexy and absolutely safe. Truly gorgeous extensions, expertly tailored and individually created for the look of your dreams.



Methods / Skills of Application

According to articles everywhere, how extensions stayed put on an individual head, was certainly dependant on the method and skill of the application. Even then, there would be a strong chance of shedding with time. Alarm bells rang for me - maintenance on hair extensions seemed heavy to me. I drew the conclusion they were not for me. I also pondered on the fact that I simply might not like wearing them 24/7 especially with the don't wash them daily advice. Many had to keep using them because they had used extensions too often without resting the scalp and hair. Then it became more and more difficult to rectify scalp damage without having hair cut pixie short.

My research also suggested that even the most expensive top salon methods of application can still cause some damage to hair. The wearer is also responsible for looking after the extensions well too. A scratchy plastic ball end hairbrush should never be used on extensions. The use of the correct hairbrush such as a Mason Pearson or a paddle brush is important. The best comb to use is a saw tooth comb rather than a cheap molded comb, which can catch and break extension hair and your own hair.

Sleeping on the hair in an awkward way can pull at your own hair, so can leaning back and catching the long hair extensions when driving. All this can create extra stress and breakage on your own hair.

However they may well be for you for a special event. Daily wear of them simply does not appeal to me. Instead I decided to opt for clip-in human hair extensions. I knew I only wanted to wear the hair extensions for occasional use rather than everyday. Even clip-in extensions if put in incorrectly or removed without care can also cause a little hair damage too. But clip in hair extensions may be perfect for photographic makeovers and the like.


Tomorrow we will see an interesting topic: what do celebrities wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment